The Year 1973 summary
- Great Britain, Ireland, and Denmark enter European Economic Community (Jan. 1)
- A ceasefire is signed, ending involvement of American ground troops in the Vietnam War. (Jan. 28)
- US bombing of Cambodia ends, marking official halt to 12 years of combat activity in Southeast Asia (Aug. 15)
- Fourth and largest Arab-Israeli conflict begins when Egyptian and Syrian forces attack Israel as Jews mark Yom Kippur, holiest day in their calendar (Oct. 6). Egypt and Israel sign US-sponsored cease-fire accord (Nov. 11). Background: Arab-Israeli Wars
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) hikes oil prices tremendously in retaliation for Western countries’ involvement in Yom Kippur War.
- US Supreme Court rules on Roe v. Wade.
- Movies: The Harder They Come, American Graffiti, The Exorcist, The Sting, Last Tango in Paris
- Deaths: W.H. Auden, Pearl S. Buck, Betty Grable, Pablo Picasso & Lyndon Baines Johnson
- Only one song per artist/group
- The song must be released that specific year
- Songs from live albums not allowed (that’s another & more complicated list)
- Max 20 songs
Here we go…