“Come Together” is a song by The Beatles written by John Lennon and credited to Lennon–McCartney. The song is the opening track on the album Abbey Road, and was released as a double A-sided single with “Something”, their twenty-first single in the United Kingdom and twenty-sixth in the United States. The song reached the top of the charts in the US, and peaked at number four in the UK.
I really love the song, one of John’s masterpieces!
John Lennon: vocals, rhythm guitar, handclaps and tambourine
Paul McCartney: harmony vocals,electric piano and bass
George Harrison: lead guitar
Ringo Starr: drums, maracas
||6 October 1969 (US), 31 October 1969 (UK)
||21 July 1969,
EMI Studios, London
||Blues rock, hard rock
Continue reading “July 21: The Beatles Recorded “Come Together” in 1969″
The Year 1973 summary
- Great Britain, Ireland, and Denmark enter European Economic Community (Jan. 1)
- A ceasefire is signed, ending involvement of American ground troops in the Vietnam War. (Jan. 28)
- US bombing of Cambodia ends, marking official halt to 12 years of combat activity in Southeast Asia (Aug. 15)
- Fourth and largest Arab-Israeli conflict begins when Egyptian and Syrian forces attack Israel as Jews mark Yom Kippur, holiest day in their calendar (Oct. 6). Egypt and Israel sign US-sponsored cease-fire accord (Nov. 11). Background: Arab-Israeli Wars
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) hikes oil prices tremendously in retaliation for Western countries’ involvement in Yom Kippur War.
- US Supreme Court rules on Roe v. Wade.
- Movies: The Harder They Come, American Graffiti, The Exorcist, The Sting, Last Tango in Paris
- Deaths: W.H. Auden, Pearl S. Buck, Betty Grable, Pablo Picasso & Lyndon Baines Johnson
- Only one song per artist/group
- The song must be released that specific year
- Songs from live albums not allowed (that’s another & more complicated list)
- Max 20 songs
Please feel free to publish your own favorite songs from 1972 in the comments section…
AND lists like this are supposed to be fun! Don’t take it too seriously.
Here we go…
Continue reading “1973: 20 songs released in 1973 you must hear”
A little faded and soft picture but great sound and music to cry for!
Robbie Robertson – Lead Guitar
Rick Danko – Bass & Vocals
Levon Helm – Drums & Vocals
Richard Manuel – Piano & Vocals
Garth Hudson – Organ & Keyboards
Continue reading “July 20: Watch The Band Live At Casino Arena, Asbury Park, NJ 1976”
||“Jambalaya (On the Bayou)”
||19 July 1952
||13 June 1952
at Castle Studio, Tulane Hotel, Nashville, Tennessee
K-11283 (U.S. 7″)
“Jambalaya (On the Bayou)” is a song written and recorded by American country music singer Hank Williams that was first released in July 1952. Named for a Creole and Cajun dish, jambalaya, it spawned numerous cover versions and has since achieved popularity in a number of music genres.
Continue reading “July 19: Hank Williams released “Jambalaya (On the Bayou)” in 1952″
Originally recorded on July 30, 1969 at Mastertone Studios in New York City with Lewis Merenstein as producer. Released on “Moondance” January 27, 1970.
Continue reading “Van Morrison: 5 lovely live versions of “Caravan””