Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen (born September 23, 1949) is an American singer, songwriter, and musician who is both a solo artist and the leader of the E Street Band. He received critical acclaim for his early 1970s albums and attained worldwide fame upon the release of Born to Run in 1975. During a career that has spanned five decades, Springsteen has become known for his poetic and socially conscious lyrics and lengthy, energetic stage performances, earning the nickname “The Boss”. He has recorded both rock albums and folk-oriented works, and his lyrics often address the experiences and struggles of working-class Americans.
James Marshall “Jimi” Hendrix (born Johnny Allen Hendrix; November 27, 1942 – September 18, 1970) was an American rock guitarist, singer, and songwriter. His mainstream career lasted only four years, but he is widely regarded as one of the most influential guitarists in history and one of the most celebrated musicians of the 20th century. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame describes him as “the greatest instrumentalist in the history of rock music”.
I don’t care about the rules. In fact, if I don’t break the rules at least 10 times in every song then I’m not doing my job properly.
Every time I listen to Jeff Beck my whole view of guitar changes radically. He’s way, way out, doing things you never expect.
Jimmy Page inducts Jeff Beck at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2009:
Jeff Beck accepts the award at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s Induction:
The Year 1965 summary
- The first US combat troops arrive in Vietnam. By the end of the year, 190,000 American soldiers are in Vietnam.
- Rhodesia unilaterally declares its independence from Britain
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more than 2,600 others arrested in Selma, Ala., during demonstrations against voter-registration rules
- Malcolm X, black-nationalist leader, shot to death at Harlem rally
- Blacks riot for six days in Watts section of Los Angeles: 34 dead, over 1,000 injured, nearly 4,000 arrested
- Movies: Dr. Zhivago, The Sound of Music
Deaths: Winston Churchill, Nat King Cole & T.S. Eliot
- Only one song per artist/group
- The song must be released that specific year
- Songs from live albums not allowed
- Restricted to only 20 songs