Our list is published @ our other website -> MusicThisDay.com:
Here is my top 10 list of songs from this early period.
- Route 66
- Not Fade Away
- Little Red Rooster
- Time is On My Side
- I Just Want To Make Love To You
- It´s All Over Now
- Around and Around
- I Wanna Be Your Man
- Tell Me
1. Route 66 (Bobby Troup)
Recorded January 3, 1964 @ Regent Sound Studio, London, England.
Continue reading “10 Best Rolling Stones Songs from 1963/64 (videos & spotify playlist)”
The Year 1963 summary
- Washington-to-Moscow “hot line” communications link opens, designed to reduce risk of accidental war (Aug. 30). Background: cold war
- Kenya achieves independence.
- There are 15,000 US military advisers in South Vietnam. Background:
- 32 independent African nations establish the Organization for African Unity.
- “March on Washington,” civil rights rally held by 200,000 blacks and whites in Washington, D.C.; Martin Luther King delivers “I have a dream” speech (Aug. 28).
- President Kennedy shot and killed in Dallas, Tex. Lyndon B. Johnson becomes President same day (Nov. 22). Background: Timeline of Kennedy tragedies
- Lee Harvey Oswald, accused Kennedy assassin, is shot and killed by Jack Ruby (Nov. 24).
- Beatlemania hits the U.K. The Beatles, a British band composed of John Lennon, George Harrison, Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney, take Britain by storm.
- The Rolling Stones emerge as the anti-Beatles, with an aggressive, blues-derived style.
- Only one song per artist/group
- The song must be released that specific year
- Songs from live albums not allowed (that’s another & more complicated list)
- Max 20 songs
Please feel free to publish your own favorite songs from 1972 in the comments section…
A Hard Rain’s a-Gonna Fall – Bob Dylan
Written by Bob Dylan in the summer of 1962. It was first recorded in Columbia Records’ Studio A on 6 December 1962 for his second album The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan – released May 27, 1963. The lyric structure is based on the question and answer form of the traditional ballad “Lord Randall”, Child Ballad No. 12.